User Tag List

Thread: What High-End Baseball do you guys want to break?

Mentioned
    513 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Ebay Auctions My COMC Store

What High-End Baseball do you guys want to break?

I've historically gone after the prospects, but I've acquired a bit of a taste for the High-End. I don't really know what's good out there, and what has the same two dozen autograph subjects (again...yawn) as all the other products.

I tend to look for a certain amount of value and hits per dollar ratio into consideration, but I think some of you guys can maybe lead us to some winners?

I'd love to see if we can't fill some big hit hunting breaks if we have similar target products.

Some I've been considering:
    2013 Five Star (seems to be selling at pretty low prices...Puig, Trout?, Machado?, Harper?)
    2014 Tribute (also running somewhat low)
    2014 Triple Threads (about the same as Tribute)
    2015 Museum Collection (cost might be an issue?)

Please give us input so we can arrange for some high-end breaks for you.

@wayward99
    @silvermustang322
    @GeorgeMallison
    @Moonscards
    @RJKsportscards
    @dustin42
    @Midustuch
    @darnold08
    @dbgeltec
    @cards303

Mentioned
    578 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Ebay Auctions
    I am by no means an expert but here are my thoughts.
    2013 Five Star from what I remember the cards were very iffy and there was a lot of chipping. Much more than 2014 Five Star.
    2014 Topps Tribute is cheap because the parallels all look the same. I card /25 doesn't really sell much more than one to /50 or /75. Fine for collecting but not sure about re-sale
    2014 Triple Threads - I like it. There are a lot of sticker auto's but it doesn't bother me that much. The patches are pretty sweet too! And for every 9 box case you will get either a triple auto or a 1/1.
    2015 Museum Collection I would imagine it being awesome. I think it is the best higher end product but it is expensive. It offers a decent amount of on card auto's and patches from what I remember the last few years.

Personally I really like triple threads

Mentioned
    775 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Twitter Account My Ebay Auctions My COMC Store
    2012 National Treasures
    2014 National Treasures

its hard having the best product be unlicensed... it includes huge names past and present.. which you dont see from a lot of high end baseball...

for topps... not a fan of names they include in their high end product... a lot of semi stars or guys that were popular or had 1 good year.. almost like a mid range auto dump

triple threads seems to get nice resale $...

museum - has nice patches but like to include 1 color pieces with them ??? or quads... most of the new guys i dont want to have dual cards of or quads with no ink.. or even with ink... 1 player per high end card and the name selection is poor...

five star - is very hard but when it hits... name selection is poor

tribute - not a fan of the names they include in the product..

tier one - maybe its mid high end but its not bad

historic cuts - could be fun

bowman - 1 hit for $50+ box .. my favorite topps high end product :)
    Last edited by GeorgeMallison; 03-25-2015 at 10:25 AM.
    PC: 2012-13 KYLE SINGLER /25 and under, 2012 Topps Chrome RUSSELL WILSON COLOR Refractors NON AUTO, 2013 BDPP Kohl Stewart Rainbow and Bowman Sterling Color Refractors NON AUTO, 2011 Topps Finest Dustin Ackley Rainbow, 2012 Bowman Anthony Fernandez Rainbow, 2013 BDPP Clint Frazier Non Auto Rainbow

Mentioned
    775 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Twitter Account My Ebay Auctions My COMC Store
    rusney castillo is in NT baseball too...
    kind of nice having him and degrom in there...
    PC: 2012-13 KYLE SINGLER /25 and under, 2012 Topps Chrome RUSSELL WILSON COLOR Refractors NON AUTO, 2013 BDPP Kohl Stewart Rainbow and Bowman Sterling Color Refractors NON AUTO, 2011 Topps Finest Dustin Ackley Rainbow, 2012 Bowman Anthony Fernandez Rainbow, 2013 BDPP Clint Frazier Non Auto Rainbow