Subarmsnice

@ElliotJohnson9

Rate this Entry
Elliot is SS/2nd baseman for the Tampa Bay Devil Rays he is one of several athletes I follow on Twitter for a little insight on the game from the view of a player. As of today he is batting .244 with 4HR and 28RBI. This is the Twitter exchange prior to the interview being sceduled.

Only 140 character limit? RT @cjohnsonss: @ElliotJohnson9 Started a blog about interviewing athletes on twitter you want to be next?
All of the interview questions were sent via DM on Twitter and here is what Elliot had to say.

Q: What influenced your decision to play baseball?
A: "Mainly my dad. He played and wanted me to play for the Cubs and help them win a World Series. He pitched to me nearly every day."

Q: What's your favorite city to play in?
A: " Fav city to play in is Milwaukee but fav city to visit is Seattle."

Q: What is your favorite thing to do on the road?
A: " I like sight seeing on the road the best."

Q: What's your best baseball memory?
A: " Favorite baseball memory was game 162 last year. Incredible."

Q: What was it like when you were drafted?
A: " I didn't get drafted but signing was a dream come true. Nobody tells you the minor leagues is very unglamourous though."

Q: Have you ever waken up and said " I don't want to go to work today"?
A: " Some days my body would love a day off but I play baseball for a living so it's easier to head to work everyday."

Q: What is your favorite off season activity?
A: " Fav off season activity is grilling and watching football."

Q: What is your favorite sport other than baseball?
A: " Football to watch basketball to play."

Q: Who introduced you to baseball?
A: " My dad introduced me to baseball."

Q: What did it feel like to get your first hit?
A: " First hit was exhilarating and a dream coming true for me and my family. Off of Andy Pettitte and I'll always remember it."

Q: What is the weirdest thing a fan has asked you to sign?
A: " body parts."

I found this to be very interesting and I really enjoyed reading his answers. I want to thank Elliot Johnson for taking time out of his busy schedule to help me out with this. I really appreciate the honesty of his answers.

Thanks for reading a new one will be coming next week!
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Very nice job Chad !! Thanks for making this part of our Forums !!
    nice.... keep them coming
    Thanks guys, I have 8 other sets of questions out right now and 2 more confirmed that I still need to send questions to.